Bradyzoite-specific expression of a P-type ATPase in Toxoplasma gondii.
Holpert, M., Luder, C. G., Gross, U., Bohne, W. (2001 Feb, Mol Biochem Parasitol)
TGME49_052640 (PMA1) plasma-membrane H+-ATPase, putative
parasite plasma membrane during bradyzoite, not tachyzoite
- Species: Toxoplasma gondii
- Quote inferring localisation: "Stage-specific expression of TgPMA1 was further analyzed by indirect immunofluorescence using a polyclonal antiserum generated against a peptide of TgPMA1 located at the carboxy terminal region. Confocal microscopy revealed a specific membrane staining of mature bradyzoites isolated from brain tissue of chronically infected mice (Fig. 3). Internal structures of the parasite were not stained, demonstrating that TgPMA1 is exclusively located at the plasma membrane."
- Microscopy type: Light
- Microscopy method: polyclonal antibody directly to protein epitope AVDQKNREVSRSSGK
- Strain: P
- Gene model mapping comments: Blast from AJ278874.1, annotation matches
- Localisation record: plasma membrane during bradyzoite, not during tachyzoite